Friday, March 26, 2010

Just had to share... Decadent Brownie Pie

I'm not really a huge fan of chocolate (sacrilegious, I know). I can really only take a little here and there, but I really don't even LOVE chocolate cake (my husband John, on the other hand, would sell our house for the right chocolate cake).

But when I came across this recipe, I had to make it. I'm not even crazy about chocolate, and I HAD to make it.

This comes from McMom at Let's Dish. She adapted it from Taste of Home. When I made this two weeks ago, I left the walnuts out -- I didn't want anything to take away from the truffle-yness (so not a word) of the ganache. It's also incredibly easy, and made with things you probably already have around your house. My only suggestion would be to make it the night before, if you're making it for an event. It really gives the ganache the chance to set up.

At our house, it was gone in two days.

Here's the picture -- please visit McMom, follow her because she's got some AMAZING recipes on her site, and for the love of all things holy, make this pie this weekend. It's SO worth it.

http://letsdishrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/03/decadent-brownie-pie.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it. I don't make it with nuts either--good call. It is over-the-top good, isn't it? Sometimes I catch myself thinking about it at random moments during the day. And I just have to say that my favorite part of your post is, "for the love of all things holy, make this pie this weekend."

Cheryl Kohan said...

When I think of something sinful, I think of something just like this! I adore chocolate so this is a no-brainer, in my opinion. I also love nuts so might just make it twice...once with and once without!

Sharon said...

Oh my good, these look so good!!! So rich and chocolaty...I am a fan of nuts but like CherylK said I may have to make two of these one with one without!!