Friday, February 26, 2010

Just for fun -- Double-glazed Pecan Sticky Rolls




Knowing my husband and I were both working at home today (completely unpredictable New England weather brings 2 inches of rain one day and a dusting of snow the next), I wanted to make a breakfast treat. I knew I had some extra store-bought pizza dough -- the kind that comes in the tube you have pop open -- pecans and plenty of butter and sugar, I decided a stick roll was the way to go. I just rolled out the dough, topped it with chunks of butter (about half a stick worth), chopped pecans, brown and pure cane sugar and rolled it up. I cut it into seven one-inch wide rolls, and set them on a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. They baked for about 15 minutes at 350. I took the bit of sugar left in my bowl, added confectioner's sugar, water and about two tablespoons of half and half and mixed. When the buns were done, I turned the oven off, moved them into a pie plate, and glazed them with the sugar/milk mixture and put them back in the oven (which was just cooling down). After about five minutes, I repeated the step with more glaze, and in another five, voila! Double-glazed pecan sticky rolls!

No comments: